Home Page FAQ Team Search
Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 5 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun 31. Jul 2016, 19:35 

I've been messing around with hacking Pikmin 2(my favorite Gamecube game), and after successfully replacing Cavern of Chaos with a 32 floor unused cave(Thanks DPBOX), I wanted to change the name of this cave(i.e the "Meme Zone"). But editing mesRes_eng.szs>pikmin2.bmg(I think?) causes bytes to be ADDED onto it(125,216 to 125,244), I'm looking to pidi64 for this information cause they are the only one to have solved this problem.

Purple Pikmin OP

PostPosted: Mon 1. Aug 2016, 23:16 

I've figured out a way to retain the original size of the file(deleting the Wistful Wild Test text), but now i have to deal with the constant crashing on bootup with my file. I'm trying to figure this out myself, but i hope this community hasn't died yet(I really want to make Pikmin 2 hacks!:C)

Purple Pikmin OP

PostPosted: Fri 12. Aug 2016, 04:35 

I'm still here, on the same boat trying to rename the cave names, heck i can't even find the challenge mode cave names

And yes Purples in Pikmin 2 is too strong :D

PostPosted: Wed 17. Aug 2016, 14:47 

I've been looking for tools that could edit .bmg files, and i realized that Pikmin 2.5 was able to edit the names of the Areas. Since the filedropper link is gone(Filedropper sucks) do you have the patch of Pikmin 2.5? I could possibly figure out how pidi did the edit and it could lead to some breakthroughs.

Purple Pikmin OP

PostPosted: Sat 23. Sep 2017, 14:28 

Well its been a year and finally I found a method of doing this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve9cgdIQbSo download this tool, wszst, lastest python 3 version, and ArcPack. First you install everything and then dump mesRes_eng.szs with wszst(wszst EXTRACT [Location of szs], then drop the pikmin2.bmg over the dumpbmg.bat and then it should create a txt file in which you can edit the text to your leisure. When done take the txt file and drop it over the packbmg.bat(NOT PACKBMG-LATIN THATS FOR DIFFERENT LANGUAGES) take the new bmg and rename it pikmin2 and drop it into the dumped mesRes_eng folder. Repack the file using arcpack and then rename the extension to szs. Drop the new szs into the pikmin 2 root folder in messages rebuild the root using your preferred tool(i used gcr1.1) then run and see the results. Hopefully people see this and i'm already working on my own hack and extensively editing the text of it.

Purple Pikmin OP

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 5 posts ]